Friday, January 23, 2009




My Sweet Mum
1925-2008



I'm going to give this whole blogging business a shot. I've been working on it for several days......this is HARD! You know, I think all this techie stuff is much easier for the younger set!
I thought this would be a great way to journal so my darling little grandson would have an idea what I did with my days when he gets a bit older.





My little grandson isn't actually so little. He's 8 1/2 and a big guy! He's 4'7" and weighs 102! He is NOT a petite child. I adore him. I'm from an all girl family so, when my grandson was born I must say I was very disappointed for a few minutes. It's been a total joy ever since then. He's taught me things I never thought I'd even want to know! I am a proud grandma........or Hemma as he calls me.





I also thought starting a blog might be therapeutic for me in a way. My precious Mum just passed away.......the day after Christmas. She had been sick for a while, but I still was not prepared for life without her. I'm an orphan now. I miss her so much and still can't believe I can't call and talk to her or have a cup of tea with her. I am so broken hearted.



Happier talk........I LOVE making things. It has entertained me and given me joy for years. I've dabbled in loads of different things, but always seem to come back to my favorites.....quilting and painting. When I have time I'd rather go THRIFTING than anything else. I love re-painting and re-making pre-loved items. My dad used to tell me I couldn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and I've spent most of my life trying to prove him wrong. I'd love to share ideas and tips for saving money with you, as well as some of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer