Wednesday, December 12, 2012

More Two by Four LOVE...... 'Lil Snowmen

It's less that two weeks until Christmas...  Can you believe it?


I've got my little Santa factory working overtime.  I can't share my little pressies until after Christmas...  Some people are NOSY!


I am in "Make-It" heaven.  I love making things... especially for my girl...  where most of my goodies end up.   :-)



I got the idea for the snowmen on Pinterest, but gussied them up.  Now, isn't that a surprise?  They had painted noses...  not too hot on that, so mine are a little dab of Fimo  dough.  And, their scarves are cashmere!  Since I'm a Thrifting Queen and am crazy about wool, I have a rather ....  ummm...humpf...  large stash.  They looked much more like cashmere before the glitter.  So, if you're whipping these little guys up... remember that 'lil tip.


I sanded the 2 x 4's really well, painted them white... used blush for the cheeks (every little snowman and snow-woman look better with a little blush..) used Sharpie for the little eyeballs, spray glue and glitter and you're done.

Super quick and EASY.


I did this project with my grandson...  he made a set for his mom.  I actually liked his better than mine...  and, his mom LOVED them.   :-)


Making Christmas tags is on the agenda for today..  And, another little surprise for my girl.    :-)



Have a wonderful day Sweet Chickies!



Remember the Reason for the Season as you prepare for Christmas.



Lovies and Christmas Huggies!



Spencer


xo




11 comments:

  1. Such cute little snowymen. You make it sound so easy. I am trying not to add to my Christmas decor this year. Every year my hubby says "can we get rid of one more box this year"? Well, not if I keep adding more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Spencer,
    A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E is all I have to say!1
    Happy Wednesday!!
    Nerina xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,
    It's me again, follow me on Pinterest and I will follow you back :)
    http://pinterest.com/nerinaf/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Spencer! I've visited your wonderful world before, but it's been far too long! I love your snowpeople....so adorable!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the kind words re: the post I wrote about my dad. I'm glad it's inspired you to write about yours!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so so cute-what a great job you did dressing them up for the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. I love the color scheme on these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the CUTEST!!!! Im loving how theyre square! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really adorable/ what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them, Spencer. I wish I were crafty & talented like you. NOT!!! TYSM for being with me ...

    Merry Christmas
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer