Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry Christmas Chickies!

Things are getting pretty darn busy around here as we prepare for Christmas Day.



Are you ready?  Oh how I hope I'm not the only one who's super busy.  Holy cow.  I can't believe how the time is flying by.  


Oh how I love this 'lil nativity.  My daughter bought it for me a few years ago.  I used to have a Precious Moments nativity.  It's the one my girl grew up with.  She loved it...  so I gave it to her.............. I think that's why she bought this one for me.  :-)



Those little Precious Moments figures have the MOST adorable little faces.  I always set it up with all those sweet 'lil faces showing.  But, years ago I asked my little stepdaughter to set it up for me.  I was busy decorating and wasn't paying any attention to what she was doing, but when I came over to see it I began to cry.  She had set it up so that all the eyes were on Jesus.  What a simple message that forever changed the way I set up my nativity....  Aren't all eyes SUPPOSED to be on Jesus?  Every time I walk by I'm reminded of the REASON for the SEASON.

Too precious.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

Helen Lemmel 1922




I am so grateful to know Him.  Grateful for His birth.  And in awe of what He has done for me.





Yeah, there isn't a single present under my little tree.  I'm too embarrassed to show you, but here's a peek.  There's one of my darlin' little birds I made a few weeks ago.   (The tute from Dawn at A Feathered Nest).  I've used feather boa for my garland for years.  It sort of looks like snow and helps fill in the bare, lonely spots on a fake tree.




I've shared with y'all before that my son-in-law was killed in a car accident nearly ten years ago...  when my darling grandson was 2 1/2.  It seems he's nearly always here when I'm putting up the tree and when he was about four I was muttering about not having a tree topper that would work...  so he made this one for me.  It's on lined loose leaf paper and it's an angel....  his dad.  I would NEVER put up a tree without that special topper.  It's just so precious to me.




I won't be back blogging until after Christmas.  I have LOTS of presents to make and LOTS and LOTS to wrap up.   I love the making and the wrapping.  But it sure makes a big 'ol mess, doesn't it?



I'm anxious to show you some of the things I've been working on.  But I can't spill the beans now, right???


Wishing you and yours a Wonderful, Spectacular Christmas while you celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


With lots of love,

Spencer





7 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!! Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be the best Christmas Tree Topper ever. You and yours have a marvelous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace and Love toyou Miss Spencie Girl. Merry Christmas and NOEL to you and your family.

    Celebrating Jesus with you.

    Love, Rebecca PS: Love your tree. LOVE IT! LOVE THAT BOA! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer, your tree is so beautiful and the topper is so very special. Love your nativity story. May you and your family have a wonder and safe Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas~Everything looks great at your house and I know you will enjoy your blog break to concentrate on Christmas!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post!! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas an a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer