Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We have a teeny little hallway between our living room and bedroom at tiny Bellamere Cottage. I just have to adorn every single corner of this little house. I am NOT a minimalist! So, let's fill it on up! I bought this simply adorable NEST sign at Joyworks in Snohomish, WA. Joyworks is one of my all time favorite place to find cutsie home items. If you live in NW Washington, you've got to visit Historic Snohomish. It's delightful.......full of darling shops and antiques. Does it get any better than that?



I know, I just am NOT a photographer, but this is the full shot. I bought the gate years ago. It's one of my all time favorite things. Of course, I have tons of all time favorite things! :-) I love this piece because it fits anywhere without taking up any room. I was determined to decorate this tiny area, so I put a bookcase there originally. There is a closet to the right which allowed us to open that door about halfway. I knew it was tough, but I wanted that bookcase THERE! You know how determined we ladies can be. Finally, I just couldn't stand it anymore and was delighted when this idea came to me. It's perfect there and that silly closet is totally accessible now. Oh how happy Mr. Bellamere is.


As I've said......I make lots of things, but rug hooking continues to be a hurdle for me. Why can't I get it??? This is my very first piece. It is FABULOUS....ok, here's the truth. My darling friend, Jan, is champion rug hooker. I did the center flower (the lighter pink one). You'll recognize it. It's the homely one? Well, I had picked the flowers all around it out so many times there was little hope of having any burlap left on which to hook, so Jan took over and finished the piece for me so I could at least enjoy it. It's just great in this little spot and I LOVE it........well, all except that dang flower.......


Yes, I have said I'm NOT a photographer.....pardon the arm shadows! :-) I have a weakness for vintage pitchers. I don't even know how many I have, but PLENTY! I have "overstock" of quite a few and still bought another one last week....shhhhhhhhh.........don't tell my hubby!


More from my dear friend. She made me this darling little puppy for my birthday. I know it's hard to tell, but it is edged with black fringe. We both collect dog things and this little chair would be nothing without this sweet little pillow. It's one of my favorite things. See? I have too many favorite things.........


I got this little chair from my daughter. She had JUST had it recovered and left her purse sitting on it.............she had perfume in her purse............it leaked.............BIG STAIN. No problem.........I have a solution! So, this little ruffled slipcover was born. It covers the icky spot and matches my room............no need to take it in to have it recovered. Now, that's a money saver! I am a THRIFTY girl. :-)


The back. Like you wouldn't recognize it?

I took a snap of the light fixture in the hallway too, and I can't figure out why it didn't show up. For Pete's sake. I have been here for about two hours trying to get the pictures in the right order............I kept messing something up and had to start over. I have a couple of things I need to get done today, so I'll post the light fixture another time. I've been trying to replace all the original fixtures with cute old things and only have a few left to find.........

Have a wonderful, blessed day!
Spencer

8 comments:

  1. Spencer! How are you girlfriend? I am sooo happy to hear from you! I just LOVE your BLOG and would LOVE to follow along...but I can't figure out how as there isn't a place for your followers! LMK, K?

    Blessings to you friend. Love how you joyfully share your love for Jesus!

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, my sweet chick, I've found a kindred spirit in you: from the northwest, NOT a minimalist(!), love redoing things, LOVES old gates (me, too and have 2 around my house, just go look at my house by clicking on the right hand sidebar at the top and you'll see it ALL), love family and religious!! It just doesn't get any better than this, does it, honey?!?!?! Please come back. Also read "back" on my blog to get a better "flavor" of me. I think you'll enjoy it and certainly giggle with me. I'm adding you to my Google Reader now soooooooooo blog, honey, to your heart's content!!!!!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house and all the pretty things in it! In fact, from the outside our homes are wuite similar.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love meeting new readers!

    Cheers,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer,

    I love your vintage pitchers & the shelf that they are on! All are very beautiful. Never worry about your photos, no one gets perfect ones every time =)

    Have a fabulous day!!

    Sue

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving your wonderful comments...and yes, they're Pfaltzgraff too. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting our blog and mentioning us is yours. Next time you visit the store make sure you say, "Hi!"
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you like my blog. I really appreciate that you want to link to me.

    Many hugs!
    Have a wonderful, blessed day you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous photos of the pretty things in your sweet cottage! Thanks for visiting the other day~I'moff to read more of your beautiful blog! :) chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your nest sign - especially because I am waiting for a shipment of them to come in to sell on my site! Thank you so much for participating in my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer