Thursday, July 26, 2012

Estate Sale Heaven

Wow...  time is really flying this week.  How can it already be THURSDAY?  YIKES.   :-)

As I've said---  probably a hundred times or so by now---  I'm really behind on my posting...  and these pictures are from a couple of months ago, but what the heck, I'm still going to share them......   'cuz I'm like that.

My daughter thought this would be a grand estate sale, and whenever there's shopping for fun vintage finds, I'm in......  And, as they say, don't judge a "book" by it's cover.


That is one decrepit house, isn't it?  

But, on the inside??





YOWZA!!!  It was the home of an antique dealer........she'd given up her business many years before, but nearly EVERYTHING in that house was OLD!  She had some wonderful things......  The only thing I saw that was new was the Samsung cherry RED washer and dryer that I've had my eye on for several years.  It looked so out of place.    :-)





One of the gentlemen, in charge of running the sale, told us that the ex-husband of this woman had gotten there before their estate sale company and had thrown tons of things into a dumpster he had had delivered.  OH MY.  The neighbor kept telling him he'd buy the stuff, but this ex just kept chucking the stuff in the the garbage.  So, so sad.  I have been known to do a bit of dumpster diving, but going to search through the dump?  HECK NO.   :-)    Ewwwwwwwwww.





We didn't get there until about eleven and the sale started about eight, I think, so we didn't get the very best spoils, but we had a wonderful time and found some great things.






LOVED that bed.  It was still there, but I don't have a spot for it.  Did you know you can get mattresses custom made for odd sized beds?






I've wanted one of these little carts FOR.EVER, but unfortunately it was long gone.  We did buy a LOT of potholders though.    :-)






Whenever I antique/thrift/estate sale I rush home, fire up the washer and fill the sink with water and wash everything up so it's all pretty and nice.  Yeah, well, that means I always forget to take pictures of what I find.  Darn it all.  And, half the time I don't even remember what I bought once everything's all nicely tucked away.





This picture reminds me of Texas.........not that I've ever BEEN to Texas, but the first thing I thought when I saw it was "Fredricksburg"....  LOVE it....






Tons of wirework...  I got one little piece, not shown in this photo..  I've never thought of collecting it, but it does look cute, doesn't it?



I'm just going to have to start taking the pictures when I get home so I can share my "finds" with you, even if they aren't all sparkly yet.





It's going to be sunny here today.......WHOOOPPPEEEE.....  and I'm going to take a jewelry class with my daughter.  I will remember to take pictures this time...     :-)    I've wanted to make this bracelet forever and haven't found a class before so I'm really excited.  It's a birthday present to myself.      ;-) 




Huggies and Lovies too!



Spencer







9 comments:

  1. You hit the jackpot! I would haved gone crazy at a sale like that. I can't believe there was so much left by the time you got there. Glad you are having fun with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS! Wish I had been there with you. What a coup for shoppers. I'd have been in that dumpster, for sure, sweetie. Always remember to keep an eye out for those feedsacks for me. Those quilts are gorgeous.

    Hope you & Handsome are doing well. Miss you terribly.

    Tanza (teagirltanza) was here for 9 fabulous days. Wish you'd been here, not a quiet day we'd have had for sure. She posted some of her travels while here. Do you follow her? If not, do so, you'll adore her.

    Emery just climbed Mt. Rainier for a week & got home in time for his 50th birthday surprise party. He was thrilled.

    Miss you so much, my precious friend.
    Have a fabulous weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cupcake! Sure have missed you! Things here have been hopping, and I don't get to do much visiting!! Wow...I have never seen a home so full of good old stuff! I can't believe the guy was just tossing it! With so many junkin' shows and stuff, you would think he would know it was worth a nice penny!!

    Hope all is well with you! A jewelry class with your daughter sounds delightful! Do show us what you make! Did you know that I design jewelry, too? Just haven't done any lately. I also have made my own glass beads! Sure would love to have a fully equipped place to do that again!

    Have a lovely time with your daughter!
    Hugs and joy!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks dreamy just from these pictures. I know you had great fun. I always clean up my goods and then carefully take pictures to document how fun they clean up! Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have walked away with that hosprse and the old shovel sitting on the floor next to it. What fun! Thanks for taking us along. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, now that is a lot of collecting! I would have lost my mind in that place just looking at all of that stuff and trying to decide just what I needed, ha!
    Enjoy the sun, isn't it wonderful today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I would have loved to go to this estate sale!! Such great treasures!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! What a wonderful sale. It's a good thing I wasn't there. The temptation would have been too great, and I would have come home with an empty bank account. How sad that her ex threw away some of the treasures. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a lovely place to have lived!! Reminds me of a wonderful little shop we happened in one afternoon---everything was displayed all over an old house, including a huge set of LuRay all racked in the dishwasher!

    I stlll have a grump in my tummy over that heedless guy tossing away things someone had so treasured. No wonder he was an ex. You'd think he'd have at least sold them to a neighbor---guess he had no time for the treasures of someone he'd once loved, and that's the saddest of all.

    You're one of my favorite new spots!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer