Thursday, January 29, 2009





Well, isn't this disappointing news..........Illuminations (that fabulous candle store) is going out of business. That is just too sad. Their Stargazer Lily candle is my very favorite. It's PINK AND it smells yummy. They're having great sales, so if you're in need of a candle supply, now is the time to stock up. Good News/Bad News! :-(

My daughter (Dodi.........that's like DOE DI...........not Dotty....).......and I went to the cemetery the other day to see my Mum's flowers. My dad is buried right next to her...........there were ten dice on his headstone? How strange is that? I cannot figure out who would have put them there and why?? My Mum's headstone is there now too. It makes it seem real now. I still have a flash about twenty times a day when I think "I'm going to go call my Mum"........I miss her so much.

The BIG antique show is this weekend. Dodi and I are going. Who knows what cute little trinket I may find? I LOVE the THRILL OF THE HUNT.......that's why I love thrifting so much. You just never know what fabulous things you may find. Often when we go I'll zip past a booth, just perusing, my daughter going in behind me.........she ALWAYS comes out waving some wonderful find! Oh.......that is soooooooooo frustrating. We have the same taste and collect nearly the same things so it's always a quest to see who can get to the Good Stuff first! A couple of weeks ago we were at the Goodwill........I was buying this darling large wicker chair for my porch and when we went to the back area to pay for it was the MOST adorable little English oak secretary desk. It has a bow top and is ever so tiny. Well, my house is tiny.........tiny desk.............It will be mine! YIPPEEEE........And there stands my darling daughter who earlier that day had lost $150..........I felt so sad for her.........."yes, my dear daughter.......you can have the desk".........in perfect condition.......so darling.........and here's the best part.............TWENTY ONE DOLLARS! How can that be? I'll get a snap of it soon and post the little cutie. And, that meant that I couldn't get the wicker chair because I couldn't fit both of them in my car.........darn it!

Today I'll finish cleaning. I'm going to go see my little grandson this evening. He's having trouble with another boy at school. He told his mom the other day that 'Joe' was his Nemesis! He's EIGHT! Too darn smart.

Hope you have a wonderful day. I'm going to enjoy my cleaning......ok, so I'm not going to enjoy the process, but I'll enjoy the finished product!

Warm Blessings.....
Spencer
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer