Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Muffin!!

It's my dear husband's birthday today. They sure seem to come much more quickly once you're past about thirty! :-) Yes, that's really what it looks like here........ahhhhhhhh to have a hubby who LOVES a pink birthday card? We live in a nice Pepto-Bismol world! :-)

Darling hubby, God bless him, is really good about eating only healthful things, but on his birthday (and sometimes in between) he'll eat a few treats. He LOVES these cookies, so that's what he got this year instead of a cake........Birthday Cookies.....don't 'ya just love it?? I think we're a bit non-traditional around here.......

I got the recipe off the internet years ago, and have revised it a bit, but I think these are the best Oatmeal Raisin cookies EVER........nice and chewy.......YUM!!!!

Here it is..........

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

3/4 c. butter or margarine, softened (I use regular Smart Balance instead)
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use 2)
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 c. oats
3/4 c. raisins (I use a bit over a cup, we like LOTS of raisins)
3/4 c. walnuts, if desired
I also use about 3 tbs. molasses......always a secret ingredient.......it makes them sooooo tasty!

Heat oven to 350 F. Beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, raisins and walnuts......

ENJOY!

Happy Birthday Muffin! I'm so glad you're mine!

Kisses,
The Missus

2 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal cookies especially oatmealchocolate chip!
    thanks for your words of condolences when my father died.
    it meant so much,
    hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal cookies with rasins so so much..this recipe sounds delicious and if your MUFFIN likes them so much, they are bound to be good. I sure will try them...with a hot cup of coffee or a tall glass of ice cold milk...ooo good grief...now I'm starving for them and I don't have a cookie in this whole house!!:O)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer