Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank You Jesus! My Girl Is Doing GREAT!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers for my daughter. She's up and about a tiny bit today. No infection at all.......YIPPPPEEEEEE! It hurts, but that's to be expected. I am CRAZY about her Dr. He's such a wonderful man. I went to Dodi's pre-op appointment with her and couldn't believe this man's patience. We asked a lot of questions and he treated us as though we were his ONLY patients that day. You know how sometimes the Dr. will practically talk to you with his hand on the doorknob waiting to escape?? Not so with this great fellow. I was in the room with Dodi waiting for her turn at the O.R......when this wonderful GODLY man popped in to pray with us before the surgery. How wonderful was that? :-) But wait! There's more.....he called this morning to ask how she was doing and talked with Dodi for about 10 minutes, again answering all her questions. After the surgery he gave me his personal cell phone number so I could call with ANY concerns. This man was an answer to prayer and a wonderful doctor. God is soooooo gooooood. I had never even heard of him.......why, I wonder??? At any rate, thank you so very much for all of your prayers. I am humbled and grateful. I received so many wonderful messages from you awesome gals. It touched my heart.
Blessing YOU!
Spencer
Oh, and by the way, it's no wonder she was in so much pain. She had two large tears in her meniscus and her cartilage is "toast".......poor thing....

19 comments:

  1. So Wonderful to hear.... I was just checking in... So happy about the update!!!

    Thanks You God!!!

    Just A Gal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to pray for her recovery. I have been there and know the worry you went through, now we will consentrate on the healing.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news..I'm so happy..See prayers really do get answered..Sounds like a great dr..
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad she's okay Spencer! I had no idea what was going on and I'm so sorry. I'm horribly behind on my visiting yet again. I'm glad you had a lot of prayers for her :)

    (((hugs)))
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  5. PTL So glad that things are looking up ... prayer does wonders for everything. Take good care of her ... TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try again ... PTL glad to hear things are on the uphill swing & healing is around the corner. Take good care of her ... prayer does wonders. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is WONDERFUL news Spencer! Her doctor sounds like he was the answer to prayers!

    I truly hope her pain subsides soon and I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

    Much love,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spencer~
    Amazing......he prayed with you before!!! WOW!! God is so good. I am so happy to read this update and to hear that the entire day was covered by Him! I was on our churches womens retreat and I could not get you and your daughter out of my mind. I am just overjoyed to hear how it all went for you both.
    Love in Him,
    katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spencer, so glad to hear she is doing so well!
    Tell her to keep up that good recovery!
    Continued prayers for her healing.
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Spencer, I'm sorry to hear all thats been happening with your daughter, I haven't been on much of late. How wonderful that you had all these beautiful hearted ladies praying and your Heavenly Father has so lovingly heard and answered all those precious prayers, He loves His Princesses:)
    Hugs to you, Spencer
    Melly:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popped in to let you know we are thinking of you and your daughter now. Best wishes for an excellent recovery! (And, take care of yourself, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am so happy for you and your baby! I was praying for the both of you all weekend! Let the recovery begin! And, yes, God is good. All the time. All the time, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to hear your precious girl is doing better! How incredible to have prayers for her coming from... well, just everywhere!

    I try to explain to my husband the encouragement, grace, enthusiasm and prayers that the blogging community offers. He doesn't get it! Oh well ~

    Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praising along with you for healing and restoration!

    God is good, good all the time!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to stop by and let you know I have a couple of awards for you on my blog....

    Hugs and All My Best!!!

    Just A Gal...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I am so glad to hear all is well! I was sure it would be. But I understand the worring! My sister has to have c-sections and when her last one was born in sept.(she's had 4) I wasn't worried. I was taking care of her older 2 and was at work for a short time that day and when our friend called to tell me that my sister was in the PICU I was shocked to say the least. Just a precaution and trhe baby was just fine! But I understand even the "easy" things can make you worry!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. spencer.. I've been reading but at work... and I can't do comments from there.. so finally.. today i'm off. I hope your girl is doing well...

    Take care... and have a blessed weekend... ps... love the houses in your next post and especially those flowers on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad hear things went well this time. Remember someone always is at the bottom of the class and that goes for doctors too.
    I really like to look at houses in the neighborhoods. Just nosy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear your daughter's ok. A caring doctor helps a lot too...Christine

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer