Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Help Sweet Girlies! I Need A Solution!



Yes, as I've said before I can be a little bit (just a little bit) OCD...

Right now I'm on a quest to find a little cart.

I actually just love those new ones at Safeway...have you used them? They're about 1/3 the size of a regular shopping cart with an upper and a lower basket? They're so darn handy.


Well.........if you've read MY STORY....you'll know why I NEED this. My darling husband isn't seeing it, but I KNOW...

I have TONS and I do mean TONS of china. When I'm doing a BIG cleaning I'll take it alllll to the kitchen sink and wash every single piece. Now, the cottage is VERY tiny, but it still means a gazillion steps to get all of this crap.......I mean beautiful collectibles.........to the sink. In the past, I've used an old metal tea cart with a big plastic tub on top. The problem with that is that the wheels aren't as great as they once were so it's hard to steer. Ever notice how easily you can zip a grocery cart around?

Soooooo.........I've been searching and searching and searching for a solution.

See that little dandy on the top? Red? Yes, I know....it would be soooo much cuter in pink. I wonder how that Krylon paint would work on these?....yeah, that doesn't really have anything to do with the whole business here, does it?

Well..........it's $99.00. Yeah, that's not too bad....especially when I consider how many steps it will save me........but the shipping? Yeah, I nearly keeled over when I read this little bit of info.........


THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY DOLLARS!!!

FOR ONE CART?

Oh my....that's just not going to work. How ridiculous.

So, I'm thinking one of you little sweeties just may know where I could find something that would work? I don't mind putting a little plastic tub on top to hold all of the little beauties, but it does need to be able to fit around the teensie beensie cottage.........and roll easily over carpet.

I'd so appreciate any hot little tips you might have?

I know you gals are one big 'ol wealth of information.

Let me have it! :-)

Huggies and Lovies to ALL....

xoxoxox
Spencer


***Cart update.......My darling hubbs suggested a little market on the other end of town....he thought they would know where I could find one like they have...Wellllll......they're actually getting new carts and let me buy one of the old ones for 25 dollars! How awesome is that? It's like the top one but the baskets go the other way on the cart. It will be perfect. I'm thrilled.

God answers prayers. These are my very favorite answers to prayer. Isn't He amazing? A cart is such a small thing in the scheme of life, but He even cares about a cart! WOW!....I am feeling so blessed today. Thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions.

Much love to all of you!

Spencer
xoxoxox

19 comments:

  1. Wow, that much in shipping is just a bit much. Maybe you can find something similar at a sale and save money too. Good luck in your quest and thanks for stopping by, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dearheart...

    Darlin'...you're just too cute! I will definitely put my "thinkin' cap" on and if I come up with anything or see anything, I'll sure let you know! I sure hope that you can find something that will be just perfect! Ohhh my goodness...I cannot...I repeat..CANNOT...believe that shipping would be that much on that little item! That is just crazy stupid...isn't it? Sheeeshhh!!!

    Also wanted to let you know that I looked at your fabulous pillow that you just finished and posted about! My friend, it's gorgeous!!! I love the pretty emboridered linen and that sweet little button trim is just the prettiest thing I've ever seen!!! Girl, you're so creative and talented!!! Thank you for sharing it with us...I'd love to make one...we'll see! Hehe!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  3. My what a great idea to transfer your china! I can't believe how much that cart would cost! Maybe if you look very hard, you'll see one on the side of the road! :)
    Hope you can find one!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Spencer,
    I do have the second cart (dark gray) I keep it in the workshop, when I have to paint and move in and out, I paint on it and then move it inside. One problem, mine tends to go right all the time, maybe it's just mine. Have you tried IKEA, maybe the have something similar. Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spencer, the first thing that came to mind was one of those wagons for the yard, but that would be way too big for your cottage, then I asked myself, how about a childs wagon? I am sure it would hold as much as the above cart and you could easily pull it around corners. I can't believe the shipping on that thing, it's ridicuous and they should be embarrished to ask that much for it. I think they don't want to ship, so they set the bar so high figuring they don't have to worry about. Gesh, a chair doesn't cost that much to ship!!! Good luck and let us know what you end up doing, Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spencer, try a restaurant supply house....I bet you will find something comparable and won't have to pay shipping charges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    What a darling post! I totally understand your plight. I was thinking...how bout a vintage tea cart of some type or I have also used those 2 tier rolling carts when I have worked w/food at church functions. Now those are quite ugle but could be prettied up with a little help. Just a couple of thoughts...good luck!

    Blessings...Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spencer, what a great little cart. We don't have those at our grocery stores. They don't want to sell many of them though, do they? If I see anything I think would work, I'll take a picture and send it to you. Good luck! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ebay...I find everything eventually on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...I am thinking....of course I can't come up with any solutions, but if I ever see one of those carts I will let you know where I spotted it. Can't believe they want to charge that much for shipping! Crazy!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a clue, but it's a great idea! Good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Spencer,

    My first thoughts were the same...a child's wagon, or one of those garden wagons, or a rolling teacart, I think it's a tea trolly. I've seen them on ebay for $99, and I think the shipping was free...I'll check it out, because I think I want one anyone, for taking things out to the deck. There must be something that would work for all that crap..er, I mean beautiful china...LOL! You are hysterical!

    God bless,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spencer, I have no idea, but if you find it, let me know. I would love to have one of those. I can't carry very much, and I have to make about 2 zillion trips back and forth. This would be great!

    I'm thinking a restaurant supply store might have something wonderful. You could always talk to the grocery store about where they get theirs. Maybe they would have an idea of where to get one where they shipping wouldn't eat you alive.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Spencer....IKEA was my first thought as well...they have all sorts of carts on wheels near their tables and kitchen storage cabinets...plus when not being used to haul your dishes to the sink you could keep it out with more crap on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it was Best Buy or Staples that we bought one for our shop, to do the same as you desire. Our was $50 or under.

    Good to hear from you, my friend ... you are feeling better!?

    Isn't it darling the way our 'furry friends' know the warmest & coolest spot in a home.

    Hae a BOO-tea-FULL Halloween! Hugs, TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  16. GO TO YOUR LAUNDROMAT & ASK THE OWNER IF YOU COULD BUY ONE OF THEIR 2 TIERED CARTS WITH WIRE BASKETS, I'M SURE THEY COULD PART WITH ONE :)OTHER THAN THERE YOU COULD GOOGLE WIRE CARTS. GIO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen those little carts at any of our grocery stores but I bet it sure helps move things along when the stores are busy.

    I've noticed shipping rates going sky high! I was going to buy a little classroom type chair for my daughter but the shipping cost more than the chair. I got lucky and found a bunch of school chairs at a local thrift shop.

    I've never been to IKEA but it sounds like that's the place to try!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spencer,

    What a great idea! I'm glad you were able to solve your problem and you've got me thinking maybe I need one of those.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love when God does things like that too. He is soooo good. He loves to love on us. If you want to try and paint your new cart, spray paint will most likely do the job. We spray painted our plastic adirondecks a few yrs ago and they still look great. And we leave them out in the weather all year long.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer