Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh My Sweet Girlies! I Want To Wish You A Very Merry Christmas!

Oh my goodness..........Can you believe it's nearly Christmas and 2009 is nearly over? Doesn't it seem like we were JUST looking forward to the new Millennium?

Good grief!

I couldn't let Christmas pass by without popping in to say how much I love each and every one of you.....you've meant the world to me.

You've helped me survive the most difficult year of my life. My wonderful Mummy passed away the day after Christmas last year.....and I started blogging a bit after that. I miss her so. It's been tough this year. I wanted to buy and wrap gifts for her........I wanted her to give me lots of sympathy because I'm so busy. It seems I was never too old to whine to her about that kind of thing.....and I so want her here to celebrate with us..........just one more time. I so wish I could have a cup of tea with her and put my cheek up against her fluffy little hair......and have her hug me back. If you get to celebrate Christmas with your Mom.......give her the biggest hug and count yourself blessed.

Now, those little kidlets? I've talked before about my favorite cousins.....and my Auntie Frannie who made me the Barbie wedding dress? These are her children.....From left to right......Johnny, JoAnne, Spencer and Jill........See the "J" theme there? Johnny, JoAnne, Jill, Judy and Jay.....I guess they ran out of "J"'s by the time they got to the end of kidlets. If you look to the left you can see my cousin, Judy's little feet......Jay wasn't here yet.......This was taken on Christmas at Auntie Frannie's......I think I'm five in this picture....see how alllllll of the kids are looking where they were told? See the one not paying attention?

I always wonder why my Mum loved short little bangs????? Holy moly.....


For the past two years my little grandson has done the artwork for the fronts of my Christmas cards.....I love the detail he adds.........isn't that cute?


I am CRAZY about this boy.

Whenever my daughter asks what I want for a gift I always tell her she's already given me the very best gift ever. :-)



Truer words have never been uttered.



Remembering Jesus' Birth and why we take this day to celebrate.









And so my dear chickies.........I'm off to finish presents.

I'm wishing you peace and love and the joy that knowing Jesus as your Savior brings to this season and, more importantly, every single day!


Merry, Merry Christmas!

Huggies and Lovies,
Spence


xoxoxoxox




25 comments:

  1. Christmas Blessings to you and yours..
    love,
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I don't feel well I find myself wanting my Mom the most. I still talk things over with her every day. Of course, she's not here to answer, but I still feel better having a little talk.

    My mother always wore a Christmas apron this time of year. Some years ago, she gave it to me. I hang it on a hook in my kitchen every Christmas. That way a piece of her is still here for Christmas.

    Love the old picture. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas card by your grandson, so very precious. Have sweet memories this Christmas of your dear mom!
    Hugs and Christmas blessings, dear Spencer!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Spencer! I am so sorry that you have to spend this year without your dear mother. God bless you and comfort you this season. Your grandsons art is precious. I would keep every one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Spencer. Your blog is a delight and I'm so glad we've become blogging friends. I know you'll be missing your Mom this year. She is with you in spirit.

    Oh, my Mom always cut my bangs very short! And a bit crooked.

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spencer, you are so loved!

    Merry Christmas, my sweet bloggy sister!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spencer,
    May you feel your mothers love through the season and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Spencer...it is so hard to loose a loved one...especially around a holiday...I hope your Christmas is wonderful...just like you Mom would want...love the art work by your grandson...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, what a wonderful photo!! Your grandson is quite the artist!!

    Your mom is with you, Spencer. She'll be singing with the heavenly choir on Christmas morning. My mom's birthday is on the 29th . . . I especially think of her during this time.

    Me too, bangs cut straight across, LOL

    You sure can join me for craft hour with Marsha! Be prepared to get glitter everywhere, LOL

    Wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas!

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the whole short bangs thing was the style because I had them, too! eeewwww... I hope you have a wonderful holiday, Spencer.
    lotsa hugs to you, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spencer, I know your Mum is looking down on you and smiling.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My precious friend,
    I too miss my mummy. I too want to kiss her soft, beautiful cheek that smelled sweet of compact powder! I loved little gifts from her, they came straight from her heart and not her wallet. I remember when you and I met; it was for Mother's Day. I will never forget the kinship I felt when we corresponded. Life is beautiful, thanks to Jesus, and sometimes difficult, but I believe in miracles, fairytales, the gospel, all things unseen. We shall see our beautiful mothers once again, with open arms, ready to greet us into their new home in heaven.

    THink of me dearest.....Merry Christmas. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss my mom this year too. She passed away around Mother's Day two years ago. I've probably already shared this with you, but I do understand that feeling of loss, especially around the holidays, when our moms always made everything feel so special. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spencer,
    Merry Christmas! Enjoy all the wonderful memories of you and your mom together.
    Have a wonderful holiday with your family.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Spencer, What a sugar coated cupcake of JOY you are, gal!! I LOVE this photo, and by some odd coincidence have some of me with those same BANGS!!! WHO KNEW??? LOL!!!

    May God shower you with all of His very best glad tidings of joy, peace, love and laughter this Christmas and in the new year to come!!
    You are such a sweet blessing!
    Know that I am praying for you and your heavy heart. Mine visits me now and then even after 5 years without my Mom. Just cozy up in God's arms and let Him love all over you gal. He will put His healing balm all over your spirit, and comfort you with His peace.

    Gentle blessings and love, Spencer,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi spencer,

    blogging can be such a warm place to "be" when we're feeling low. have you seen maryjane (the beehive cottage)'s latest post? she has a special tree honoring her mother and mother-in-law. it's very sweet. you might enjoy it.

    wishing you a lovely holiday season ~*~

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very Merry Christmas right back at you Spencer!

    Hugs and Kisses,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card by your grandson.

    It promises to be a white Christmas on the prairie!

    I wish you the merriest of Christmases.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Spencer,
    I hope your Christmas is filled with love, happiness and blessings. Your beloved Mother is celebrating with Jesus this year. So is my Dad, my husband's Dad and my hub's younger brother also. But it doesn't make us miss them any less at all....
    Christmas Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, isn't your grandson so talented and precious, Spencer. Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Spencer,
    I just LOVE your header...LOVE your log too...I'm going to follow along with you. Sorry to hear that you lost your mom last year on the 26th...I will be sure to say a prayer for you. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. We Wish You a Merry♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ And a Happy New Year!!! Merry Christmas to everyone........

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know it is hard to lose a mom and miss her at Christmas - I am sure they are in Heaven celebrating today. Merry Christmas. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your wonderful pictures!!! Have a very Merry Christmas, enjoy every moment!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have missed you my friend, but I am back in the blogosphere and hope you'll come by and stay and visit so we can catch up again!!
    Hugs
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer