Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I guess they have it marked, just in case somebody planned on proceeding....we laughed until we cried.



Sweet and wonderful Chickie Friends.....



Thank you soooo much for all of the wonderful anniversary wishes. You are such a thoughtful group of girlies and we soooo appreciated your kind notes.



We've gone to Oregon every year, since we've been married, for our anniversary.




Sometimes Lincoln City, sometimes Seaside or Cannon Beach....but for the past four or five years we've gone to Bend.


Such a pretty place....and we always have such a good time.



Well........we hit a BIG bump this time.



I have a Washington State disabled placard for my car.....we (read I) parked in a legal spot, placard in place.



If you're interested, you can click here to read my story.....



When we came out of the restaurant we found a stinking parking ticket on the windshield.


I quickly examined my placard to be sure I wasn't operating with an expired permit.


Nope.... I re-read the ticket........OH MY GOSH..... I had parked over the line. Yep, I admit it....I am a sloppy parker. Often on purpose so I don't get door dinged. I was sort of caddy-wampus in the spot to be sure.


They said I was impeding the ramp. It was so wide you could have driven a bus up it....


The ticket? Twenty-five dollars? Fifty? Seventy -five?


Nah............it was ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!



I'm tellin' ya....it put a bit of a crimp in my get-along....




I am appealing it, so I'll update you when I find out their verdict.



Don't you think a warning was more appropriate??? After all..... I was a VISITOR! Company!


Dang.





We always take a little trip into Sisters too......They're quite well known for their annual quilt festival...this is painted on the side of one of the buildings.... Isn't that somethin'???




And, we go to Anthony's Home Port for lunch at least twice...three times??? Maybe four. :-)

It's always huckleberry time....they have THE YUMMIEST seasonal salad made with greens, feta cheese, hazelnuts and fresh huckleberries......DEEEEEE-LISH!


And the Hubbs always has huckleberry lemonade. It is SOOOO good! We have several Anthony's restaurants nearby by I swear this one is the very best. We have never been disappointed.






And, on the way home.........My sweetie stopped me at the Camas Antique Mall..... We had tried to go there a few months ago, when we went to Portland, but they were having a parade and we couldn't get near the place.... :-(

I've been to lots of antique malls over the years, but I promise you, this is the BEST one ever. I had a ball there! I found some little things to bring home too....pictures coming soon. I wanted EVERYTHING..... A wonderful selection and I thought the prices were ever so reasonable.




Just look at all of that yumminess!



I've been going to quite a few Dr. appointments with my daughter...she's been having some girlie problems.......and is going to have a hysterectomy next Monday....the 25th of October.


We covet your prayers.


The Doctors feel this is the preferred solution....after two opinions.


If you've been following my blog for awhile you'll know that this girl....my only child.....lost her husband in a car accident seven years ago and has been a single mom......and although she's not even dating right now, but she's not quite ready to give up the hope that she'll find Mr. Wonderful and want to have more kids......I so understand that. I had a hysterectomy when I was 27 after trying everything (including fertility drugs) to have another baby.... I wasn't ready either.


She'll be needing her Mommy, so I'll be taking care of her until she's up and running.


I'm taking myself some crafty projects to do while I'm being nurse. :-)



I'm soooo grateful to all of you.


Have I told you lately how special each and every one of you are to me?


You are the BESTESTEST!


God bless you.


xoxoxoxoxo


Spencer


26 comments:

  1. Spencer, I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm also glad that you are going to appeal that ticket. That is just AWFUL. You had a handicapped sign! I hope you win, sweet one!

    And I pray that your daughter's surgery is a success and that all will be well. You're such a good mom and friend, too!

    Love you much...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with your daughter. I hope you are able to enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cupcake! So sorry to hear about your daughter's surgery. I will certainly be praying for her! God will do exceedingly abundantly beyond all we can ask or think!! Just remember that!!

    Love and big hugs to you, sweetie. Take care of that sweet daughter! She is so blessed to have you for her Mom!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that TICKET!! NOOOOO! But you did have a wonderful time, didn't you precious? THAT LEMONADE LOOKS FAB and the antique mall visit...what a cherry topping on the cake! I am just laughing at your beginning photo...teeeeheeee! But I will be praying RIGHT NOW as I go upstairs to my "upper room" to pray for my sweet friend's daughter. Oh, I can't even imagine the pain....you will be such a great nurse, I know it, and you will see your dear grandson.

    Be well my sweet, and we all love you so! BISES, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a great time with your hubby. Not the ticket part of course. Prayers for your daughter are in the works. Don't worry, she'll do fine. I'm glad you are there for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is so lucky to have you! I hope her surgery and recuperation are smooth sailing. I, too, love Sisters. The bakery has the BEST baked good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your going to fight it. I know you will win.
    I also know your going to be a great nurse, and if you need advice, remember our dear Mrs. Magpie the nurse lol
    Nothing to laugh at, I'm sorry. You'll be in my prayers too ; )
    Besides all the negative, I hope you had a lovely Anniversary dear friend.
    I think your hubs will miss you very very much, but your grandson will be happy to have you.
    Have a good week Spenc my friend.
    Love You
    Love Me
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, how awful, $190????? Are they crazy!

    Sorry to hear about your daughter, I will pray for her, I had mine when I was only 26 and it was very hard....I will be thinking of her and you for
    sure!
    I love the antique mall you found....ooooh everything looks yummy!!!

    Lots of hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers on the way for your daughter. I'm sure all will be well...she is lucky to have you help! That ticket sound outrageous but I bet they will reduce it when you appeal. Love Bend, love Sisters (my husband and I were going to retire there but sold our property) and the Camas Mall is wonderful. Next time you are down this way let me know...I would love to meet you.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dumb ticket! I'm sorry...I'm sure they'll reduce it! I'll be praying for your sweet daughter, that she's heals quickly. You know, we adopted our beautiful daughter, the joy of our lives. Remember, hope does not disappoint.
    Hug,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be time to increase the city's revenue! Last month I was driving home from work in the car we've had for only 2 months when I was pulled over (for the 1st time in my life, BTW). My heinous crime?? The tint on my front windows were too dark. The ticket? $168.75. I'm such a menace...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about your daughter's procedure! She is sure lucky to have such a wonderful loving Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's upcoming surgery. My prayers are with you both!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sending prayers for your daughter, Spencer. I'm so sorry she has to have the surgery.

    Pooh on that parking ticket!! Not fair.

    Maybe someday I will get to Camas. Every time I read about that place, I so want to visit!

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will keep your sweet daughter in my prayers. Surgery is never any fun.

    The "end of walk" sign is indeed a funny one! You have to admit some of us are just a little slower than others, and someone simply wanted to help out:o)

    Enjoy a lovely week.

    Smiles♥

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, too, had a hysterectomy at a very early age so my thoughts are with you.
    Sorry that you had a bad experience in Bend. They DO have some rabid cops lol.
    Anyway,We moved from Bend to Redmond 7 months ago and love the slower pace and the friendlier folks.
    LOVE Anthonys! They have the BEST Creme Brulee!!!
    Hugs!
    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* LORI LYNN *

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aren't you the sweetest thing! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm so sorry about your ticket, that would really frost my cupcakes. Your daughter will be in my prayers - so glad she has you to take care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spencer, You are a semi-finalist in my giveaway!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting Ormolulu! There is so much I want to respond to from your great post. I ADORE Camas Antiques (especially the people there), I got a giant ticket for parking over the line while shopping at the antique malls in Hollywood (maybe 2 inches over the line--my van is WIDE). On a $190 ticket, got $40 off . . . big deal! Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. You have much on your mind, and my thoughts are with you and your daughter. She is soooo lucky to have you! I'm always at the Portland Expo Show (Hall E, C 6 & 7)--please come see me at the end of the month!!

    xo Debi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending lots of love to you and your daughter and hope that all will be fine with her. I am glad you are appealing the fine, that is just not fair.
    Hugs Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh, Spencer, I am so sorry about the ticket...but it sounds like you had a wonderful time anyways! Spencer, I hvn't been a blogger all that long...I am so so sorry about your little girl losing her husband!! I will be praying for your little girl for both her health and her heart!

    God bless you as you are such a good mommy and grandma!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Belated Anniversary, what a cute couple you make. Also a belated Happy Pink Saturday. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom that can come and be with her. It doesn't matter the age, when we are hurting we want our Moms. Even me at my age. Thanks for stopping by the other day. I will be waiting to see what happens to you and your ticket. Doesn't seem fair. You tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful eventful outing. Despite the ticket. I understand your worries about your daughter. Surgery is never fun, and the circumstances make it harder. I never had children and didn't want them when the time would have been right. Yet when I was no longer able to have them. It was a sad time, a passing of so many things that could have been. The removal of that possabilty gone for good. I was surprised that I felt that way, surprised at the impact. We as women have a deep core connected to our childbearing abilitys. Good honest mouring is in order and should be honored. For your daughters health, and saftey it must be. But oh so natural to wish it didn't have to be. Gods blessings on you as you support her, and special blessings on her as she travels this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yeah, APPEAL!!! I work in the legal field and you should appeal!! That cop had nothing better to do that day!! I am so glad you had such a good time OTHER than the ticket!

    I will keep you and your sweet daughter in my prayers as she travels this road.....

    Much love,

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hellllooooo!!! It's meeeeeee again :)

    Check my blog...............

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Spencer, sorry about your ticket but I hope it gets cleared up with appealing it. That is nuts! Glad you had a good time despite that bump in the road. Sorry about our daughters surgery, I will have her in prayers for a good recovery and for her Mr. Right to come along again, who will love and care for her with or without children. There are many that need a loving home with adoption too.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer