Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sharing My Friend's Yard....

Can it already be Wednesday? Holy Moly.... time is zipping by, isn't it?


I'm so excited to share pictures of my sweet friend, Jan's, back yard.... It's SO yummy.




These shots were taken the day we were setting up for the garage sale. It was so sunny and pretty that day. And, quite warm.... mid-seventies or so..... Then........for the two days of the sale? Freezing....and rainy. Blah. Right now, as I write this post? FIFTY-SEVEN degrees. Brrrr.


That's the Pacific Northwest for 'ya. It really is a beautiful place to live though....and everything is always GREEN.



Hmmmmm.... my storage shed is in between our house and the neighbor's....hidden behind a fence........it sure wouldn't be if it looked like this! How darn cute. Her darling hubby built this for her and what a sweet little building to enjoy when you're in her lovely back yard. It's so peaceful and pretty.


Those little shutters? Her hubby actually made them too! They had to be thin to fit on the little cottage.... Oh boy, how I wish I could get him to do some building for me.... Alas.... he has a VERY long Honey-Do list already. :-(



Those are Jan's raised garden beds in front. Strawberries and lettuce.




Lots of little sweet pops of color everywhere.


And she has about forty two million roses too. I don't know how she takes care of all of this....and all of the other things she does.


I've talked about her before. She's a HOOKER.... no....not THAT kind of hooker. She's a RUG hooker...and let me tell you, each and every one is a work of art. She does a fabulous job. I'll take pictures and share those with you sometime too. She's working on one right now that I'm over the moon about. She's taught rug hooking for years. I bought the stuff to be a hooker too. Completed rugs? ZERO. The process of hooking isn't hard, but making them look like hers? Notsomuch.







I use empty clay pots around the cottage here too. Don't they look sweet?






This is on a raised portion of the deck.... you can see those fresh roses when you come in the front door... It made me smile every time I had to come in to use the little girl's room.






Yep, Jan's husband made the bench too. They have another one on the side of the house with a huge ivy topiary on it. I wish I had taken more pictures.


Everything at Jan's is cheery and happy.







A fuchsia topiary! What a grand idea...... it's just about to meet in the middle. We haven't had a lot of really good weather yet....



How's your garden coming? It seems the deer really love Limelight hydrangeas. They've been dining on mine again. Oh for Pete's sake..... we live in the CITY..... Good gravy. I may never see a bloom on those darn things. They don't bother the other hydrangeas....I wonder if the Limelight's have a special flavor? :-)




Huggies.......and Lovies too....



Spence


xoxo



5 comments:

  1. NOW THIS IS A DREAMY LITTLE FANTASY HOUSE!!! Oh Spencer, this is such a darling place! AND YOU CAME TO MY HOME! THANK YOU SO MUCH MY SWEET ONE!

    It is as if you actually stepped into my home. Oh how I love these little white cottages!

    Happy day even though it is a bit chilly for ya! We are having a mild 72 today..I would take that any day over HUMID heat!

    GROSSES BISES! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girly...I love it! Absolutely adorable.

    Now question for you...what is the font you are using for your name Bellamere Cottage on your pictures? I love it! Do you share? I've looked forever for it and can't find it! :(

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Spencer, this is just gorgeous, so elegant & inviting.

    See you soon ...
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet garden and I love that little shed hubby built! So much eye candy and thanks for letting us all take a peek!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Spencer! I am trying to leave you a comment, but I'm having troubles. I hope this one flies. Love that sweet shed and what a darling garden!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer