Monday, June 3, 2013

Hawaiian Style.....

Hi Girlies and Happy Monday!



I promised to post these pix several weeks ago, but time got away from me....  yes, again....  ;-D



I've been working away on my bathroom...  why does everything take about 2,079 times longer than you predict?

It's coming along nicely though and I can't wait to show y'all...  





My mother-in-law told me that these little cottages were built by the missionaries from England...  my brother-in-law said they were built by the missionaries from New England...  Hmmm...  Not sure, but they are the sweetest little houses ever, aren't they?



We haven't taken a drive up to Diamond Head in a long time, but took a little detour so I could take some pictures for you...  They're taken with my iTouch so the quality isn't great, but you'll get the idea....





See...........England!    :-D




They're designated historic homes, but I didn't get out to read the little plaques, hence the questionable facts.




Part of our pre-marriage agreement was that I'd never have to move to Hawaii...  I love to visit..  it's just beautiful, but the heat gets to me after awhile and I love the seasons here in beautiful and equally green Washington.  And, besides that, I'd miss my family.



But..........if I could live in one of these little beauties, I might just make the move!




Look at Diamond Head, right behind it and it looks like roses behind the fence, but it's actually hibiscus....  This is the one I'd choose.





Adorable.






So homey...  I think this one looks the most Hawaiian in design....  The shape of the roof... but it has a little red, English post box.  It looks so cozy to me.




I had to get a picture of this adorable thatched roof, even if I couldn't see the house........so quaint, isn't it?




Well, off to get some blood work and home to finish up the bathroom.  So many tiny details have taken up lots of extra time.  

My hubby and I have decided this will be our last undertaking this large (and it really wasn't THAT big)...  we're going to have to have these things done from now on....  We're OLD and TIRED.     :-D


Have a great week Chickies!


Spencer

xoxoxoxo








20 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you. I hope you finish your bathroom make over and can relax. The photos of the cottages on Oahu remind me of the homes on Kauai. My hubby would have moved there in a heart beat but I told him I need to stay where the grands are. However, I love it as much as he does-well almost, and actually told him we could look for a condo there. Thanks for sharing; you are making me want to be there.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hawaii and those cottages are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spence, those cottages are SO cute. Neat that missionaries built them. Maybe it was Englishmen from New England??? ;-)

    Hope the blood work turns out well and that the bath reno goes smoothly. I hear you about being tired of doing it. We were in Miami last weekend, and the condos there started looking very, very tempting.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Spencer,
    The good thing I have is that PH loves to garage sale as much as I do. One day he came home with a CRATE full of all sorts of wires and just stuff. He was so happy. It kept him busy all afternoon sitting on the garage floor going through it all. What men sometimes don't realize is that they can get fantastic tools, just all sorts of stuff, nails, screws and bolts..just tons of stuff for pennies. Once they catch onto that, they will beat you getting out of the car. Novels for a quarter..etc.
    But..you are right. They practically give it away OR they think they have gold. As soon as they start to quote you how much THEY paid for it...I am no longer interested. I don't really care how much they paid. It's used. Sometimes I don't even see all the flaws..although I have learn how to quick check, but even then..something that looks great on first inspection is NOT so perfect when you get it home. So..price is a factor for me.
    Next time, DRIVE the car yourself!! :):)
    Hugs and such!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Got carried away and forgot to comment on you photo's of house's which are, by the way, one of my favorite subjects! I could look at different little home all day long. HUGE ones have never appealed to me. Small little cottages that are cozy and surrounded by flowers is perfect for me. You featured some sweet ones today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cupcake!!
    Wow...it's been awhile! I am finally getting my duckies in their rowies again and it feels great! Love all of these little cottages! So totally sweet.

    Oh and I'm so glad to hear that things don't only take a lot longer than anticipated for me! Seems I always underestimate how long anything will take to finish!!

    Great to connect, sweetie!
    Hugs to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Spencer,
    How have you been? What beautiful Cottages!
    Wishing you a lovely weekend
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to live in a 16th century thatched cottage and I had to look at your photos again as the windows look like the typical eye brow windows that you get with those. However, you wouldn't get the usual problems with those roofs!! (such as creepy crawlies and little mammals making their homes in the thatch!). Beautiful photos! Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I would have never guessed those houses are in Hawaii. So cute, but not what I pictured on the streets of Hawaii.
    Would love to visit there. Looking forward to seeing your bathroom re-do

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hawaii? I would never have guessed those harming little homes were in Hawaii. I love them. Just love them!

    I wish I could tell you the font on the clipping but it isn't mine and I didn't design it. If I had you KNOW I'd pass it along to you. I think I got it off Pinterest...not sure. Anyway, if you FIND IT please let me know, OK? I've been too busy of late to look for much in the way of great fonts.

    Hope you are doing GREAT my friend. I just smiled big when I saw your name. I love your sweet whit and sassy style. Makes my heart sing!

    Blessings to you friend. I'm in and out blogging so I'll be back soon to see what you are up to. OK?

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spencer! Those little houses are so sweet and don't look like they came from Hawaii! I've missed you and thank you for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are adorable houses and to live with Diamond Head as your view -- wow! I am always amazed as we travel as some of the scenery some people get to look at every day! I would move to Hawaii too if I could live in one of those little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each house is wonderful. I live in a small house and really like cute, older homes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore a house with character. Sadly, here in the area of Phoenix where I live they are all cookie cutter houses. Thank you for the visual delights.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spence!!!!!

    So good to see you, my friend. You have been missed!

    I hope and pray all is well there. Things here are still tough, but they are getting better. We miss my MIL and SIL every day, but I am thankful they are no longer in pain. And I am I proving daily from the fall. In the face of sorrow, there is so much for which to be thankful, and friends like you top the list.

    Much love to you and a Ver Happy Thanksgiving!

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi 'Spencer. You have been away from blogland even longer than I have. Hope everything is okay. Had no idea there were such cute little cottages in Hawaii.
    I could live in any of them and be a happy camper.
    Hoping your Christmas was Merry and wishing you blessings in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found your blog via Jo's blog.
    A very lovely blog you have.
    I think any of those house would do, they are all so pretty.
    Wishing you a happy and blessed weekend.
    xoxo
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spencer, I miss you more than words can say and since I no longer have my old address I don't have your email address. Sigh. I looked for it, but I can't find it anywhere on here.

    I hope you are doing well.

    Love you,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer