Sunday, February 23, 2014


Well, I guess I could say ....  "it's been a long, long time"...  :-)


Hey Chickies, how have y'all been?  


There have been many things happening here since I posted last JUNE!  Holy cow.  Time does fly.

I finally did finish my little bathroom and will get around to posting pictures of it sometime soon.



And, I did the spring cleaning...  and now it's time to start again.  It always creeps right up on me.


And, then there's the UPDATE:


My husband suffered with trigeminal neuralgia for nearly two years and finally decided to have the surgery to correct it last September.



And here begins the story...



He did really well.  It's BRAIN surgery.


He was home two days when he got really weak and sick.  He'd been doing really well, so I couldn't figure what was wrong.

I took him back to the hospital...  and they found he had a blood clot near the surgery point and meningitis.  YIKES.

He was in the ICU for eight days, came home and finally began to feel better.  He still couldn't drive so that meant I drove over 100 miles round trip to the hospital every day that I didn't actually stay there....then drove him back and forth to work about 100 miles for both trips every day.

Driving, driving, driving.

By December he was feeling good and driving himself.  YIPPPEEEE! 


 Then he called from the hospital to say they had admitted him.  He'd had two strokes.


Tons of tests and rehab.  Back to work.  Me transporting again.


We went to the Stroke Clinic on January 3rd to talk to them about what could possibly have been the cause.  These were not TIA's...  serious strokes.  Fortunately the loss of use of his arm and leg were minimal and they were sure he would recover nearly fully.

He'd been on Coumadin since the brain surgery.  It was a mystery how he could have had two strokes.  The Stroke Clinic added aspirin and ordered some testing.


The following morning he had two more strokes and was transported to a major hospital where he stayed for 26 days.

He's been home now for a month....  and yes, THANK YOU JESUS...  he making great strides in the recovery department.   He's been on IV penicillin for months for the meningitis...  finally off that as of Friday and lots of PT, OT, and Speech Therapy. 

The blessing in all of this?  COUNTLESS!  We have had so many people do wonderful and generous things for us.  I am grateful beyond words.  God has been so faithful, with us every, single step of the way.  He is so good and I trust that He has us in the palm of HIS hand...  What better place could there be?

So, there you have it.  Not a lot of creativity to share....  :-)  And, now you know why..


On another note....  I am a HUGE Pinterest fan.  I was zipping around when I saw a familiar shot....  It was MY house!  I was so surprised....  Never have pinned any of my pictures and don't have the little, red Pinterest gizmo on my blog either...  I gotta say, I feel sort of famous.  Ok, maybe not, but it was a lovely surprise.  


I'm also surprised and delighted that some of you are still out there ... it HAS been a LONG time...


Sending huggies, lovies and LOTS of gratitude...



Spencer


16 comments:

  1. Oh, Spencer...you and your dear husband have really been through the mill. I will be praying for both of you. It's at times like this that your love for each other truly matures and grows. I truly believe we are Better people once we have gone through trials and tribulations like this. We are stronger for it.

    I hope that things will continue to improve. And remember to take care of yourself. I will keep you both in my thoughts. It was so great to hear from you! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what a journey you two have been on. I'm so glad to see that he is progressing in the right direction now, and hopefully no more set backs. My husband is considering brain surgery for his Parkinsons but this has be even more concerned that I was before. Lots to think about. take care and keep strong. hugs and love. ;j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Spencer...what a long several months you've had! My prayers are with you and your husband. So good to see you back on! Please take care...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just about fell off my chair at work when I looked at my comment from my tablet (on my lunch break, of course!) AND THERE YOU ARE!

    Spencer my dear, you have been very busy, and bless you and your dear husband! My dear husband had a blood clot in his leg this past summer and thank God we found it and took care of that right away. I am so sorry to hear your husband had to experience all of this....may Jesus keep him well and safe. My goodness, I am so happy to see you! Thank you a million times over for coming to visit and leaving me a comment! A blast from the past, but always a blessing are you!!!!!!!!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness dear!! I am so sorry for all you have been thru. I trust you continue to feel the loving arms and peace of our Heavenly Father.

    I hope the pinterest pinning directed them back to your sight. I wish I could find it to make sure. Of course you are famous!! Good for you!

    Please stay in touch.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote a longe comment, but I can't tell if it published or not. I will try this one.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Spencer, you have really been through a lot of trauma during this past year. I'm so sorry, but glad to know that your husband is doing better. My experience has been that, many times, it is harder on the care taker than the patient. I know you are worn out from all of this. I pray that you can relax now and that your husband will continue to improve. God bless you both. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've had a very hectic few months and in times like that, blogging goes by the wayside. It was like that when my Father and Mother were in a car accident. So glad to hear you husband is making progress and even more glad to hear how faithful God has been to you both during this time. Take care of yourselves and mayGod continue to bless you and keep you.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have certainly been through a lot and I'm glad to hear that things are getting better. I haven't been visiting many blogs lately either. I know what you mean about the surprise Pinterest post. I came across a photo of one of my husbands Sandy Clough cross-stitch pieces on Google images one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, you have been going through so much, my friend. I'm so sorry! Prayers for you, your husband and for peace and relaxation for you both.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been thinking about you so I had to pop in. My continued prayers are with your husband and you as you care for him. Yes, being in the center of God's hand is the absolute best place to be. Take care of yourself and let us hear from you when you can.
    Blessings,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Spencer, just stopping by to say how touching your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is quite a journey you two have been on. I am so glad that he is doing so well and I hope that is still the case as you posted this in February and it's now May. I would love to follow you on Pinterest but didn't see a button to do so. Hoping everything is doing well. Blessings and hugs, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. You and your poor hubby have been on quite a journey. I hope that everything is still going good as you posted this in February and it's now April. I noticed that you're on Pinterest and I would love to follow you but didn't see a follow me button. Hope everything is going great. Blessings and hugs, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. SPENCER! HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY! May your day be filled with great joy, for He is not among the dead....HE IS RISEN. Thank you for coming to visit. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Just pop over to visit and enjoyed it very much. I bought a balloon shade from your daughter on ebay and she was the sweetest thing! It wonderful to do business with lovely people like your daughter on ebay. Truly, a blessing. Your blog is lovely. Have a wonderful day! ~ Vanessa ~ www.dreamingshabby.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer