Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh, YES! I found the picture!




Yesterday I had a little show and tell with my "new" $1.00 lampshade with the scallops on the bottom, just part of my UPS Flea Market finds.........well, it took about two hours to find the darn picture of the prototype for the finished project, but I did!

I found this picture online somewhere, I'm so sorry I can't give the clever artist credit as I don't know the origin of the picture.......if you're reading this and it's you......please let me know so I can add your name! :-)

I loved this idea. I have loads of leftover prisms, so this will be a great way to give them life! Gotta love that! I seem to hoard things "just in case I should ever need them", and the prisms are just part of my "stash"......It seems as soon as I get rid of something I wish I still had it. That must be why my garage has NEVER seen a car inside and is a warehouse??? :-) Good thing my DH loves me, huh?

I'll post pictures of it when I finally get to this little project.

Have a wonderful day.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

4 comments:

  1. That is a darling idea!
    And don't feel bad about the garage thing, ours has never seen a car either. But without a basement, attic or shed, it has to go somewhere. Although this year I hope will be the last of my summer garage sales, so I can build my much needed craft and larger laundry room out of part of it.
    Have a good day!
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lovely inspiration piece...you were very lucky to find the perfect shade to do your own rendition...have fun:) thanks for stopping over to visit me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, My fern....funny you should ask. I bought it for $5.00, it was end of the season, needed to be repotted, poor little thing. I repotted a few times now. I stick it out on my back step all summer long water it daily when outside, it is tucked into the shady spot on the north side and it doubles in size each summer, I keep saying they take up too much room, but I can't just let it die...
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this... I have the frame of an old fancy lampshade... and now I know what I am going to do with it... can't wait to see how yours comes out! hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer