Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's A Sewing Dilemma......



Happy Tuesday sweet girlies!


I've been up to my eyeballs trying to finish my curtains for my den......I know...........you're rolling your eyes and saying "FINALLY"!

I ran into a smidge of a problem last night and I swear, I cannot figure it out.  

I made a pleated ruffle for the edge of the little curtain.

Sewed it on....

Perfect.

Time to sew the other one on.

Hmmmmm........not so perfect.


The stinking ruffle is upside down.

No problem, unpick it and turn it around.


That DID not work either.


I'm confused.  Of course, it doesn't take much to confuse this old gal.    :-)


It just did not make any sense.


I'm going to look at it again this morning.



Hopefully I'll see the light.





I know most of you know my sweet little friend Sheila over at



Oh what a dear and wonderful girlie she is and I know you love her too!

She's having a bit of an OVERWHELM problem right now....

and, has asked for prayer.
I love you bloggie girlies and I know you'll be happy to pray for this sweet chickie!



Have a wonderful Tuesday!


Huggies,

S



9 comments:

  1. that picture just cracks me up!! I know, don't you just hate it when something stumps you like that? Maybe google how to do what you were trying to do & you'll find a good answer! Thanks so much for coming by & leaving such a sweet comment regarding our bedroom makeover! We are really enjoying it ~ I'm so glad I did it! :)

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never good at sewing by instructions!! Sorry.....
    Happy Tuesday!
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spencer - you have a picture of me up there! lol - Hope you find how to fix your curtains. Prayers for Sheila too. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for the visit!!
    I don't know how to sew very well, I'm sure you are doing a great job!!
    Have a great week,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...those darn ruffles are tricky! Sheila is certainly a sweetheart, I need to go see whats up.
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I hate to pick out stitches. I'd rather be run over by a truck!LOL

    Love that picture.

    Good luck with the ruffles. They can be trying.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh spencer , u dont know how many times i have sewed something with the wrong side and had to tear it apart carefully..lol. or i am sewing like speedy gonzales and i don't realize i am sewing the other part with it.....ugh.. i feel for u! mishelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you figure it out! I am not the best seamstress, I give it a go..dope it out as my mom would say!
    Yes, I said a prayer for Sheila! I hope it all works out..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spencer amor, I love that image :) I wish I knew how to help you amor, but being that I don't even know how to start my sewing machine, you might not want my help lol I am soo sorry that your sweet friend is having a hard time right now, I will say a prayer that things get better for her amor :) I hope you are well and that you are enjoying some lovely weather :) Besos, Rose

    ps...when you get a free moment, please visit my lil blog and tell me what you think of my new look :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer