Monday, March 16, 2009

Now These Are Some FUNNY Vintage Recipes!

I collected vintage cookbooks for years and sold nearly all of them on eBay last year. I took some pictures of some of the funniest recipes.......I can't imagine whipping up some of this stuff. Well, not that I'm all that great in the kitchen anyway. (It seems I'm not in the Haute Cuisine category.........I'm more like my sweet Mum.....I can whip up loads of fattening things with lots of butter and cheese, but we just do NOT eat like that any more........I'm sadly lacking in the current dining department........) Most of the things that I make (that are delish) are recipes given to me by the ladies who really know how to whip up some great dishes.

I did make the yummiest Bean Soup for dinner today.......again.......My darling little friend Susan taught me to make it.... Gosh I love her.

I'm thinking the Southern Fried Apples might just be pretty good.....but do read on.. :-)



I know my family would never eat this one!



I haven't seen Pike at the fish monger's lately............DARN.


Hmmmmmmmmm..........I just don't think I could cook a squirrel! :-)



They did have some interesting ideas back then, didn't they??



I think Shredded Wheat Bread just may be kind of dry???



Old Fashioned Cool Whip???

Happy Monday......I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful week for all you little Sweeties.....

God Bless YOU!

Warm Regards,
Spencer

PS........Speaking of Susan.....I had mentioned a little while back that we had set our friends up?? Bobby and Susan?? Welllllll.........they went out on their second date. They are adorable. We're keeping our fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and dear little Chickies....thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. I always try to make a return visit........sometimes I fail miserably... but you're alllll soooo special to me!

Many, many hugs!
Spencer